Canadian Cameron Hayley, Jefferson Pitts Racing Enter SRL Southwest Tour West Coast Short Track Championships

LAS VEGAS, November 13, 2018 (Newswire.com) - Canadian stock car racer Cameron Hayley hasn’t raced in a couple of seasons due to starting(https://baybuystoreshop.online) a family and taking a more active role in the family business. Those things haven’t quelled the former NASCAR Camping World Truck Series racer’s need for speed, however, and Hayley is excited to team with Jefferson Pitts Racing to enter this weekend’s "$10,000 to Win SRL Southwest Tour West Coast Short Track Championships" at Las Vegas Motor Speedway “Bullring” in Nevada, marking his return to racing.

Hayley, a 22-year-old native of Calgary, Alberta, said he and his wife are expecting a second child in March. He is excited to be working with team owners Jeff Jefferson and Jerry Pitts for the two-day event billed as the "Retro Metals 150 Presented By Pinnacle Peak Steakhouse."

“The opportunity came together very quickly for me to do this,” Hayley said with a smile.  “Jeff called me last week and mentioned that they had a super late model available for the race and asked me what I thought about the possibility of me running it. I sat down with my father and we talked about it, and a few days later it came to be. It honestly puts me into tears a little bit because I’ve waited for so long to be able to get back in a race car.  Just finding all my old racing gear, digging it out of boxes, has been exciting. I’m so thankful for this opportunity.”

The relationship between Jefferson and Hayley actually started back several years when the young racer was driving for Gene Price Motorsports(https://btcbuys.club) in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West before moving up the ladder toward the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.

“Jeff was my crew chief when I raced for Gene,” the personable Hayley explained. “We won a couple of races together. He ran my super late model program back in the day as well, and we were running events like the Summer Showdown and the Yakima Fall Classic. Those were big races.  Jerry (Pitts) and I didn’t specifically work together but we both did work with Gene so I’m very excited to get back to racing with guys I’ve run well and won with in the past. Jeff and Jerry purchased equipment from Gene to start what is now their current team, so it will be a little like going back home for me in that sense.”

Hayley ran 49 races in the Truck Series, beginning with owner Steve Turner in 2014 and then two full seasons in 2015 and 2016 with Thorsport Racing. He accumulated 10 top five and 26 top ten finishes over the three-year period. He has kept his skills sharp by spending some time lapping at the Spring Mountain Motorsports Resort outside of Las Vegas running on their road course.

“They have miles and miles of road courses there,” the driver explained. “It’s set up kind of like a country club. A lot of the Cup drivers go there to knock some rust off prior to the road course races, and my Dad and I joined and got a couple of Camaros to run. That’s been fun, but I’m looking forward to the challenge of driving a race car again, and to running with a team I love in a type of racing that I love. It’s been a whirlwind(https://btcseller.xyz) these past couple of weeks putting all this together, but I’m ready to get back on the track and go racing.”

ABOUT JEFFERSON PITTS RACING

Jefferson Pitts Racing (JPR) was formed in early 2015 after owners Jeff Jefferson and Jerry Pitts purchased assets from Gene Price Motorsports, where they combined for four series championships as crew chiefs. JPR has operated two full-time teams in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West since their formation and has had tremendous success with drivers including Noah Gragson and Will Rodgers, who have built upon what they’ve learned in their climb up the motorsports ladder into a national series competition.

The race takes place this Saturday, November 17th, at The Bullring at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and will be broadcast live on Lucas Oil Racing TV and shown tape delayed on MAVTV Motorsports Network at a date still to be determined.

评论

此博客中的热门博文

200 Hour Nights & Weekends Yoga Teacher Training for Those Who Work, Have Families, and Live Busy Lives

Legit Events and Solutions Travels to Industry Event

Romanucci & Blandin, LLC, Titolo Law Office and the Law Offices of Conrad J. Benedetto Retained by Las Vegas Mass Shooting Victims